Friday, January 28, 2011

It has been a long while since I have blogged and to be honest, I have never really been much of a blogger. I get distracted by other things and I read witty posts by other people living in this 'online world' and I think to myself that I couldn't possibly write anything as cool as they do. Well whatever, maybe I cant. But I can write about what is happening in my life.

I guess I should start off with a little introduction thingy on who I am? I'm just your average girl really. I can't imagine there is a whole lot to say about myself. I'm 20 years old, living in a little suburb called Ferntree Gully with my brother and friend. It's alright here. It's close to the bush and if I go for a walk I can usually see a kangaroo or two. I'm about an hour from Melbourne on the train. I don't drive and I prefer to walk places when I can. I'm a vegetarian and have been for about ten years. I love good books - anything that is imaginative and informative. I enjoy writing and I spend the majority of my time creating stories, putting poems together and documenting my days in a journal. I strive to be published one day and I enter as many competitions as I can. I love to travel and have recently (as in like, two weeks ago!) returned from a backpacking adventure around North America. I spent the last eight months exploring Canada from east to west - down the west coast of the United States of America - and around. To say that this experience was amazing is a huge understatement. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it. It was fantastic, marvelous, beautiful and life changing. I'm a bit under whelmed now that I am back in Australia and I am ravenous to keep exploring the world. I am currently unemployed which is not ideal. I am hoping fervently that something will come up.
My parents live in Chicago and my boyfriend lives in the Lake District, North West England.
What else is there to say? I am a huge fan of Michael Jackson - have been for a very long time and always will be. I have two tattoos - his name written on my foot with a flower and a rainbow - and two flowers and a butterfly on my arm with the lyrics 'stop existing and start living', from his song "Heal the world''. I don't appreciate ignorance when it comes to Michael Jackson but I am getting better at letting some of the nasty things people say about him go.

I'm a big fan of red wine, salt & vinger crisps, blues and jazz music, candles and flowers. I like to sit out in the sunshine and read books for hours on end. I enjoy meeting new people, hearing fresh ideas and doing fantastic things. I like learning and listening to people. I can be bizarre, hopelessly sulky and a real moody cow. Still, even with all my flaws, I like to think that I am an okay person.

5 comments:

  1. Good to see your blog up :)

    I like the last sentence, very human in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a fantastic person. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding this blog was quite a shock. We keep running into each other at the strangest of times and places don't we Emma? Its been so long since you posted this so you will probably never see my comment. I just wanted to say sorry for failing you so badly. Every time we meet unexpectedly I panic. This is because of our long history. The simple truth is that we are the same you and I and always will be. Perhaps I will see you up in the hills again and we will have that coffee and the talk we always should have had but never faced. I have been a coward all these years and it has to stop. You are owed a better explanation from me than you ever got. I hope to see you soon. Even though we currently have no contact - I am sure I will run into you again...I always do. You know who this is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Kitty...I just stumbled across your comment. Maybe you'll see this, maybe you won't. I often think about you and how it ended. I write about you often without meaning to. I have so many short stories where you are the main character and I don't even realise it until much later.
      You crawl across my mind all the time and I wonder about you, what you're doing, who you're with, how far you've come and where you are. I would love to see you again one day but...I am frightened. One of the biggest mistakes I ever made was letting you go. I'm sorry.
      I've wanted to tell you how sorry I am for so long now that I feel numb.
      You should call me sometime. I'd love to see you. Just you and me. I don't even know how that would work but I'd love it.

      Delete
    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJT5Ikeo4dk

      Delete